Help Your Child Success in School
What can you do to help?
- Set a regular bedtime and morning routine
- Lay out clothes and pack backpacks the night before
- Don’t let your child stay home unless she is truly sick. Keep in mind complaints of a stomach ache or a headache can be a sign of anxiety and not a reason to stay home
- If your child seems anxious about going to school, talk to teachers, school counselors, or other parents for advice
- Develop back up plans for getting to school if something comes up
- Avoid medical appointments and extended trips when school is in session
Visit Attendance Works to learn more about ways you can help your child!