Below please find the latest questions (and answers) that we have received about the school/district response to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) virus. It will be updated as additional questions arise. (Information below is as of 03.14.20)
- What do I do if my child(ren) show signs of illness? Please keep them home and contact your family physician. Additional guidance around illness and attendance guidelines can be found on our Health Services page. Additionally, anyone with questions about their symptoms can call the Glens Falls Hospital Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Hotline at (518) 926-HELP (4357)
- What is the best precaution for preventing the spread of the virus? Please exercise proper handwashing as well as good coughing and sneezing hygiene. You can find additional information on the New York State Health Department’s website.
- Is the school district preparing for a possible closure for an extended period? After reviewing all recent information from the Centers for Disease Control and with the full support of Washington County, the Hudson Falls Central School District will be joining the other 30 districts in the WSWHE BOCES region and canceling classes and all school events and activities on and off campus through April 19, 2020, as a result of the COVID-19/Coronavirus.
- Are school events/activities being canceled at this time? We have canceled all district events through April 19, 2020.
- Can teaching and learning continue virtually if students and staff need to work from home during an extended period? At this point, the district does not have the capacity or training nor do families all have access and connectivity to technology to rely on a virtual learning option.
- What do I tell my child(ren) about the virus and how do I help them understand what is happening? Please remain calm and reassuring and give them age-appropriate information. Try to limit overexposure to television news and social media. Additional information is available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the National Association of School Psychologists.
- How do I help my child(ren) clean their electronic devices? Cell phones and/or other electronic devices should be cleaned every day to help prevent the spread of germs. Several websites give proper instruction on this, most of which discourage the use of Clorox wipes and similar products.
- Where can I find additional information about the COVID-19 virus? The CDC has a list of frequently asked questions and recommended best practices for staying healthy posted at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html.
- Where can I get more information about our schools and district responses? If you have specific questions or concerns, please reach out to the school health office where your student attends. You can find contact information for each health office on our Health Services page.