Letters from the district
- Letter to families about reopening plan (July 31st)
- Transportation survey (July 29)
- Reopening planning continues; participate in our Thoughtexchange (July 23)
- An update regarding reopening planning (July 16)
On Monday, July 13, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced the threshold criteria for reopening schools. The Governor will use these criteria to make a final decision on the reopening of schools for the Capital Region and the rest of New York State. This decision is expected to be made between Aug. 1-7.
New York state’s school reopening decisions will be made using these criteria:
- Open: Schools can open in a region in phase 4 where there is an infection rate at or below 5% (14-day average)
- Close: Schools will close if the regional infection rate rises above 9% (7-day average)
New York State Education Department
On Thursday, July 16, the New York State Education Department released guidance to help schools and school districts as they plan to reopen, whether that occurs in person, remotely, or in a combination of the two. Read the guidance document.
As of June 30, our emergency feeding program was be discontinued. The Summer Feeding School program started up for the summer on July 1 and will run through August 14. Learn more about the summer feeding program.
Child care information
If you are an essential worker or first responder in need of child care during the summer, please email email@example.com.
NYS Travel Advisory – Family Trips Outside New York
Families who are traveling to/vacationing in the states listed on the NYS Department of Health travel advisory page must quarantine for 14 days upon their return.
Students whose 14-day quarantine carries into the start of the school year will not be allowed to attend school until the quarantine period expires and documentation is provided to the schools.
For more information, please see https://coronavirus.