Student or Staff is Symptomatic
- Fever(100.4°F), cough, shortness of breath, headache, the new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, muscle or body aches, knowingly in contact with anyone testing positive for COVID in last 14 days, an individual tested positive in last 14 days, experienced any of the above symptoms or traveled to a state with significant spread(NYS list) for >24hrs in last 14 days. CDC symptoms at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/
- Isolate and send home immediately. Inform student or staff they must seek medical attention and must have provider note and negative COVID-19 test before returning. ***Symptomatic individuals must quarantine at home until test results are received. ******
Next – If a symptomatic student or staff has a note from a medical provider and negative COVID- 19 test, and symptom resolution. Then we will allow the student or staff to return.
BUT – If a student or staff test positive for COVID-19. Then the school notifies the local county health department of the COVID case. For us, that is the Washington County Public Health Department.
- Local County Health Department contacts students, parents, or staff to perform case investigation and contact tracing.
- The Local County Health Department will notify the school for collaboration with contact tracing and to identify close contacts.
- Close contacts include persons within 6 ft. or less and for more than 10 minutes. Contact tracers may also consider duration and proximity of contact and other criteria in determining close contacts.
- Close contact will be quarantined for 10 days from the date of last exposure, advised to monitor for symptoms, and recommend getting a diagnostic test 5 days or more after exposure.
- Contacts to a positive case can return to school after 10- day quarantine period. Will be released by Public Health.
Positive students or staff will be isolated for a minimum of 10 days from the start of symptoms. Students or staff must be 3 days without a fever, unmedicated, and have a progressive improvement in symptoms before returning.