A message from Superintendent of Schools Linda Goewey:
Dear Hudson Falls Families,
It continues to be my honor to serve as the Superintendent of the Hudson Falls Central School District. All of our work for this year revolves around five main goals:
- Increase graduation rate by 3 percent.
- Increase percentage of students reading at or above grade level by at least 10 percent.
- Increase proficiency on all NYS assessments by 5 percent. (For Regents exams with 85 percent+ proficiency last year, our goal is to maintain that percentage +/- 5 percent).
- Increase quarterly passing rates each marking period by 10% as compared to 5 week progress reports.
- Decrease number of students with 18 or more unexcused absences by 10 percent.
We have concentrated much time and effort in the area of literacy this year. We now have three Instructional Coaches and two Instructional Coordinators that help support our wonderful teachers in implementing Reader’s and Writer’s Workshop, Pearson Math and Social Studies Framework. Their collective work aims to increase student engagement and conduct data analysis at all levels. We will continue to support the work we are doing throughout the district in all content areas.
As a district, we are grateful to the dedication of our Board of Education, faculty, staff and community. The support from parents and guardians in helping our students and staff to grow has also been invaluable. I look forward to continuing to work with you. There is so much to be proud of.
Linda J. Goewey
About Our Community
The Hudson Falls Central School District encompasses the village of Hudson Falls and parts of the towns of Argyle, Fort Ann, Fort Edward, Hartford, Kingsbury, Moreau, and Queensbury. It serves the educational needs of approximately 2,471 students. The district maintains five buildings:
- Margaret Murphy Kindergarten Center for Prekindergarten and Kindergarten;
- Hudson Falls Primary School for Grades 1 to 3;
- Hudson Falls Intermediate School for Grades 4 to 5;
- Hudson Falls Middle School for Grades 6 to 8; and
- Hudson Falls High School for Grades 9 to 12.
Each school has an active parent support group, which provides enrichment activities and recognition programs for students and staff.
Hudson Falls is a member of the Washington County School Collaborative, which is a group of school districts that seek ways to share services for maximum efficiency.
The mission of the Hudson Falls Central School District is to assure the highest level of quality education academically, vocationally and socially to ALL students regardless of sex, race, creed, color, socio-economic status, or ability through a carefully planned and challenging educational program developed by the staff in cooperation with students, parents, and other members of the community.
Hudson Falls CSD is dedicated to assuring that all students acquire the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitudes for becoming responsible citizens in a democratic society, developing and maintaining physical and emotional well-being, and attaining productive employment throughout their adult lives. All students shall understand that learning is lifelong and that by applying knowledge, they will become capable of adapting to and creating change.
Hudson Falls CSD provides a safe, non-threatening environment that is conducive to learning, where every student is valued and respected as an individual.
Utilizing Teacher Leadership and Instructional Coaching to Support the Next Generation Standards Rollout
Hudson Falls Central School District utilizes its teacher leadership structure and instructional coaching support to rollout the Next Generation Standards for English and Mathematics. Read more at NYSED.gov.
2019-20 District Meeting Dates