Winter sports are set to kick off at Hudson Falls on December 14th this year, with boys swimming and diving, as well as bowling.
Section two has given the go-ahead to begin the season for New York State Public High School Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA) approved low and moderate risk sports next month. In our district, that will be Varsity Boys Swimming/Diving, as well as Varsity Bowling.
Currently, high-risk winter sports are scheduled to start on January 4th as we await approval from the state Department of Health as well as NYSPHSAA.
Due to a lack of available facilities for competition, as well as training facility issues, the indoor track season is canceled.
All modified winter sports are also canceled. Also, no new students will be able to participate in the Advanced Placement Process. Students who were APP approved during the 2019-2020 school year remain eligible for that sport.
Any athlete who has a question about eligibility or anything else should either contact their coach or email our athletics department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see the printable forms:
- Pre-Participation/Updated Health Form (Printable)
- COVID-19 Supplemental Athletics Questionnaire (Printable)
If you are unable to print the form and would like a hard copy sent to you, please contact Kathy Dudley in the Athletic Department at 518-681-4233 or email email@example.com. Please only Parents/Guardians fill out forms, we cannot accept forms filled out via cell phones.
Sports physical information
At this time we are not scheduling sports physicals.
As a reminder, transportation to and from practice is up to the individual student-athletes. The district only provides transportation to and from competitions.
Health and Safety Protocols
The safety of our coaches and student-athletes is our number one priority. So Hudson Falls, along with the other Foothills Council schools, is making some changes to games and practices moving forward.
- All participants will be temperature screened before every practice and game. Screenings will occur before boarding busses for away games.
- All participants and personnel (coaches, athletes, referees, clock operators, scorekeepers, security/game/course managers, and administrators) will be required to wear an acceptable face covering at all times throughout each contest.
- Coaches will remain six feet socially distant unless demonstrating a skill/play execution.
- No handshakes, fist bumps, or unnecessary physical contact before, during, or after contests.
- Coaches and game day personnel will clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and equipment.
- Student-athletes will use hand sanitizer before, during, and after competitions, particularly tennis.
- Coaches may share additional specific protocols with student-athletes based on their sport.
- Each student will be responsible for his or her own supplies and distancing bags on the sidelines. These include:
- Water bottles and water supply
- Multiple mouth guards and personal protective equipment
- Clothing and towels
- When not engaged in warmups or gameplay, student-athletes will remain a minimum of six feet socially distant.
To safeguard the season from a potential shutdown, No spectators will be permitted to attend any Foothills Council competitions for the 2020 fall sports season 1. We understand this will be disappointing to our families and community members. But the council wants to give our student-athletes the safest competitive environment possible.
Welcome to the HFCSD Athletics Home of the TIGERS!
Fitness and wellness are high priorities for the Hudson Falls Central School District. Consequently, district facilities include a fitness center in the High School, an all-weather track complex open to the public 24 hours per day, as well as a swimming pool, tennis courts, and numerous gymnasiums and playing fields.
Participation in school sports teaches students some of life’s most valuable lessons. We are proud to foster traits such as giving your personal best for the team and showing sportsmanship in the face of both victory and defeat. Opportunities within our interscholastic athletics allow students to exhibit character traits such as responsibility, leadership, respect, loyalty, health and wellness, and good citizenship.
Hudson Falls Central School District’s athletic program offers extensive opportunities for male and female student-athletes – nearly 20 sports across all three seasons. Our program is governed by the rules and regulations of the NYS Dept. of Education, NYS Public High School Athletic Association and the Foothills Council.
Our athletes are expected to respect their opponents, maintain self control and always respect the decision of game officials. The athletic code of conduct stresses that participation is a privilege, not a right. Our Athletic Training and Behavior Rules outlines student eligibility for participation in grades 7-12.
Athletic Code of Conduct/Concussion Form – Please fill out and submit this Google Form.