School closings, delayed openings and early dismissals resulting from weather conditions or other situations will be posted on the homepage of the school website as well as via news outlets and on the district’s social media sites.
To stay up-to-date on school closings and delays, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
How does the district make a decision to close or delay school?
When it comes to making the decision to delay or close schools because of weather conditions, Hudson Falls officials consider a number of factors, including bus transportation, parent and student drivers, as well as student walkers. The district works with the Town of Kingsbury to make an assessment of the road conditions between four and five in the morning.
If conditions warrant closing, then the district will post to our local news stations, website, and social media channels.
Two Hour Delay Schedule:
- Kindergarten Center: The building opens at 10:30 am, Students must be in their classroom by 11:10 am. There will be NO AM Pre-K on Two Hour Delay days.
- Primary School: The building opens at 10:30 am, Students must be in their classroom by 11:10 am
- Intermediate School: The building opens at 10:30 am, Students must be in their classroom by 11:10 am
- Middle School: The building opens at 9:27 am, Students must be in their first-period class by 9:35 am.
- High School: The building opens at 9:45 am. Students must be in Homeroom
by 10:01 am. Homeroom runs from 10:01am – 10:06am. Block 1 runs from 10:10am-10:33am. Block 2 runs from 10:37am-11:00am. Blocks 3 & 4 resumes on a normal schedule.
There will be no AM BOCES or ECCA- AM ECCA and BOCES students report to the Lg. cafeteria for Homeroom and will remain there until the end of Block 2.
Breakfast will be served at the high school and middle school. Lunch will be provided across all buildings during a 2-hour delay schedule.
Aside from early morning decisions, there may also be days that school needs to be dismissed early to make sure students and staff get home safely. When these changes happen, it is communicated to parents and guardians in as timely a manner as possible. In those cases, the district makes use of our Parentsquare automated communications system. To ensure you receive the messages, please contact our district registrar to update the contact information for your students at (518) 681-4279.