Dear Hudson Falls Families,
It continues to be my honor to serve as the Superintendent of the Hudson Falls Central School District. All of our work for this year revolves around five main goals:
- Increase graduation rate by 3 percent (to 85 percent).
- Increase percentage of students reading at or above grade level by at least 10 percent.
- Increase proficiency on all NYS assessments by 5 percent. (For Regents exams with 85 percent+ proficiency last year, our goal is to maintain that percentage +/- 5 percent).
- Decrease course failures by 10 percent compared to same quarter of previous year.
- Decrease number of students with 18 or more absences by 10 percent.
We have concentrated much time and effort in the area of literacy this year. We now have three Instructional Coaches and one Instructional Coordinator that help support our wonderful teachers in implementing Reader’s and Writer’s Workshop, increasing student engagement, and conducting data analysis at all levels. We will continue to support the work we are doing throughout the district to include a closer look at math, science and social studies.
As a district, we are grateful to the dedication of our Board of Education, faculty, staff and community. The support from parents and guardians in helping our students and staff to grow has also been invaluable. I look forward to continuing to work with you. There is so much to be proud of.
Linda J. Goewey