HFCSD is committed to using technology to support learning in our school and homes by building a community of learners that extends beyond the physical spaces of our buildings. Our role is to provide guidance, oversight and support to successfully integrate technology into all aspects of teaching and learning.
As outlined in The Instructional Technology Plan below, this plan has implications for shifting the educational system and preparing students with the necessary technological skills for higher ed and employment. Through these supports and resources, the district will continue to deepen teachers’ and administrators’ understandings of the uses of technology to support learning and achievement. Under this vision of technology being an integral component to how we teach and learn, the goals we have outlined as a committee are consistent with and fully support current research of the 14 critical elements necessary to effectively leverage technology for learning.
Instructional Technology Plan
Every three years, school districts are required to submit an Instructional Technology Plan. This plan serves as a guiding document for the integration of technology throughout the district. The attached plan below outlines the three goals for the 2022-2025 plan. We encourage anyone interested in being part of this committee to contact us to learn more.
We encourage all parents of students in grades 6-12 to sign up for parent portal access through School tool. It offers parents the ability to find the following information:
- Contacts: Shows all contacts that are associated with that student. This is a list of who is authorized to pick up a students, contact a student, or not authorized to contact a student (custody alert, order of protection, etc.).
- Schedule: Shows the student’s schedule. Any modifications made during the course of the school year will be shown in real time. (Prior year’s schedules are also available by changing the school year.)
- Attendance: Shows a comprehensive list of all Absences, Late Arrivals, and Early Dismissals throughout the school year for the student. (Prior year attendance is also available by changing the school year.)
- Discipline: Shows a list of discipline referrals the student has received for the selected school year. (Prior year discipline referrals are available by changing the selected school year.)
- Grades: Shows grades in each class based on the selected view. To view grades, select the appropriate view from the drop-down menu. Available views include: Marking Period Grades, Progress Report Grades, Assessment Grades, and Final Grades.
- Assignments: Shows a list of graded assignments for the current year. The list may be filtered by school year, marking period, and/or course.
To sign up for Parent Portal please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Parent Name
- Students name(s) & grade(s) – Parents can view multiple students from a single login.
- Email address where parents would like to receive messages.
Once we receive the email and create your parent account, you will receive an email with your password and login instructions.
Any questions can be answered via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (518) 681-4357.
This communications platform is designed to keep parents and guardians informed and encourage greater engagement and connection with the district. ParentSquare enables us to provide mass notifications, classroom communications and school related information directly to your email or phone. For even more convenience, download the ParentSquare app (available for free for iOS and Android devices).
1:1 Chromebook Information
All students in grades K-12 are assigned a district-issued chromebook. Students in grades 6-12 have use of their chromebook for both in school and at home. We ask that students bring their chromebooks to school every day fully charged and ready to use for all computer-based school assignments. Damages to chromebooks will be addressed on a case by case basis. We appreciate your support in developing routines around where they are kept and charged.
HFCSD Data Privacy & Security
The HFCSD Data Privacy and Security Site is designed to provide parents with information and processes related to student data privacy and security in accordance with New York State Education Law 2D. This includes the Hudson Falls Data Privacy and Security Policy, the Parent’s Bill of Rights, Data Privacy Complaint Process and links to vendor contracts and assurances regarding the responsible use of your student’s information.
Data Protection Officer
Mike DeCaprio, Assistant Superintendent for Education and Accountability email@example.com
PII includes but is not limited to:
- Student’s name
- Name of student’s parent or family member
- Address of student or faculty
- Student ID
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Other information that alone or in combination is linked or linkable to a specific student