The Special Education Department at Hudson Falls Central School District is committed to providing appropriate special education and support services for our students and their families. The department includes special education teaching staff, Committee on Special Education (CSE)/Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE) Chairpersons, teaching assistants and classroom aides.
In addition to overseeing Special Education programming and instructional delivery PK-12, this department also provides oversight in the following areas:
- Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE)
- Committee on Special Education (CSE)
- Related Services K-12
- Section 504 Plans (beginning in January 2017)
- Foster Care Point of Contact
- The McKinney-Vento program is designed to address the problems that homeless children and youth have faced in enrolling, attending, and succeeding in school. Under this program, State educational agencies (SEAs) must ensure that each homeless child and youth has equal access to the same free, appropriate public education, including a public preschool education, as other children and youth. (Learn more, below)