While the latest state guidance removes the mask requirement, the following health and safety protocols do remain in place:
- Regardless of vaccination status, if a student tests positive for COVID-19 they must isolate for a full five days. Students may return to school after day five if they are asymptomatic or if symptoms are resolving. Per NYSDOH, for days 6-10 following a positive test, students are required to wear a mask in school, including on the school bus. Please contact Mrs. Boucher and inform her of the positive test result. The positive test(s) must be self-reported by clicking the following link: COVID Self-Test Report.
Students who are experiencing COVID-like symptoms, regardless of their vaccination status or recent infection, must be excluded from attending school, until tested and/or isolate for five days. Students may return to school under one of the following conditions:
- The student receives an alternate medical diagnosis from their Primary Care Physician, or
- The student receives a negative PCR test;
- If a student has been exposed to COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status it is highly recommended they wear a mask for a full 10 days following that exposure.
- State and local health officials continue to recommend testing for COVID-19 following a possible exposure. COVID-19 test kits are available at school to anyone who wants one. If you need a test kit, please contact your school’s Health Office