All new students must meet immunization requirements for school entrance/attendance. Those going into 6th, 7th and 12th grade have additional vaccinations that are required. If the required immunizations are not received within 14 days from the first day of school (9/20/2022), the student will be excluded from school per Section 2164(7)(a) of the NYS Public Health Law.
In an effort to keep any students from missing school, we are asking that all parents confirm or schedule the necessary immunizations. If you are unsure and need to confirm your students immunization status you must go through your medical provider, not the HFCSD Health Office.
All 6th graders are required to have the Tdap vaccine
Tdap vaccine requirements in the 2022-2023 school year are:
- Students in grades 6 – 8 are required to have a dose no earlier than 10 years of age.
- Students in grades 9 – 12 are required to have a dose no earlier than 7 years of age.
- Students 11 years or older entering grades 6 -12 are required to have one dose of Tdap.
- Students who are 10 years old in grade 6 and who have not yet received a Tdap vaccine are in compliance until they turn 11 years old.
All 7th grade (1st dose) & 12th graders (2nd dose) are required to have Meningococcal (Menveo/Menactra)
Meningococcal Conjugate vaccine requirements in the 2022-2023 school year are:
- Students in grades 7 – 9 are required to have the first dose no earlier than 10 years of age.
- Students in grades 10 – 12 are required to have the first dose no earlier than 6 weeks of age.
- For students in grade 12, if the first dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine was received at 16 years or older, the second (booster) dose is not required.
- The second dose must have been received at 16 years or older. The minimum interval between doses is 8 weeks.
The NYSED also lists the 2022-23 requirements here.