We are always striving to identify and address needs and desires that support a well-rounded graduate. Physical Education is one of our latest efforts to bring forward an additional opportunity for our students. Zero Block PE started in September and is getting rave reviews from students and staff. Furthermore, it is yet another program being taught by a HFCSD graduate!
Seeing Results: Zero Block PE is Worth the Early Arrival
Before sunrise, we have 25 students twice a week hitting the fitness room. Our district started a program that may already have a footprint in some area schools, but our aims and goals were to address more broad health and wellness goals. Athletic Director Ryan Carpenter notes,
“We are seeing improvement in our students’ physical and mental well-being. They are developing lifelong knowledge and skills, and recognizing the value it has for not only their athletics, but their overall health.”
We Tip Our Hats to All Our Teachers
Even though there are designated days each calendar year to show “appreciation” for our educators, as we roll toward Regents week and into February, why not take a moment to say “thank you.” I can guarantee, the sentiment would be warmly received.
Regents Week Is Here
Best of luck to our students taking exams next week and here are a few tips, pointers, and logistics everyone should be aware of during Regents testing week:
- Busing on Regents testing days will run as normal.
- Pick-up times in the morning will be as scheduled; buses will be available in the afternoon at 2:30 p.m.
- A late bus will be available for students at 4 p.m. if they are not done with their tests prior to 2:30 p.m.
- There will be no mid-day bus runs.
- BOCES and Early College buses will run on a regular schedule to and from the high school. There is a sign-up sheet in the office for any student attending these programs that will need a bus. Please remind students during homerooms to sign up by Monday, Jan. 23.
- Breakfast and lunch will be available for students during testing.
- Breakfast will run as normal from 7:30 – 8:00 a.m.
- Lunch will be available from 11:00 a.m. – noon.
Say Yes to the Dress Event
We took some precautions with inclement weather on Jan. 19 forcing the postponement of after-school activities that included our “Say Yes to the Dress” prom boutique event. I am happy to report that the make-up date is now scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 9, from 4:00- 6:30 p.m. in the high school auditorium lobby. It is open to members of the Hudson Falls junior and senior classes, as well as students from Fort Ann and Fort Edward. Items are free and available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Position is Filled
Lastly, a warm welcome to the HS crossing guard, Mathew Mabb who has taken over the position on a full-time basis. Please be vigilant and follow his guidance upon entering and exiting the high school campus. This position plays an important role in the safety of all of our students en route to school.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend,
Dan Ward, Superintendent