Hello Tiger Family,
Staying local this April break? As we approach our spring break recess starting Friday, April 15, many families will be looking for things to do on their “staycation”. The district, in partnership with Washington County and the Hudson Falls Public Library, wants to highlight some regional places, activities and events for family fun.
In addition to regularly scheduled library events, spring break activities have been scheduled for all-day drop-ins at the Hudson Falls Public Library, headlined by Ozobot day on Friday, April 22. For the full calendar of events or for more information, please visit The Hudson Falls Library website.
A flier from Washington County that highlights local spring break activities can be found here or visit washingtoncountyny.fun to explore, discover, create and learn and learn in our own backyard.
- Sperry Family Farm. A farm where you meet friendly and cute goats.
- Jungle Experience Zoo. Animals you can see and feed.
- Historic Feeder Canal Trail. Bike, walk, fish, or use the parks.
- Various Art Studios and Creations. Crafts, art events, ceramics, painting classes and more.
- Fiber tour. This free, self-guided tour is an amazing experience for crafters, artists, families, and aspiring farmers alike. Eleven farms, plus a locally-owned and operated fiber mill, will open to the public on April 23 and 24 for educational demonstrations and fun workshops.
We’re crossing our fingers for nice weather! We invite you to pop over to the athletic fields and catch a game, and support your Tiger teams. Be sure to check out the athletics schedule for dates and times. Hudson Falls baseball will be playing a game in Cooperstown at historic Doubleday Field at 10 a.m. on Thursday April 21. Cheer on the Tigers in the morning and enjoy the National Baseball Hall of Fame in the afternoon!
If you need COVID tests PLEASE don’t buy them. We have them available at all of the school buildings free of charge. Just reach out to Mrs. Kelli Henzel at 518-681-4124 and she will provide you with one.
Whether you are traveling far or staying here in TIGERTOWN, I wish you the best for a great break. We’ll see everyone back here at school on Monday, April 25.
Dan Ward, Superintendent