Hudson Falls is excited to join the nine other Foothills Council schools in kicking off the Fall season beginning on September 21st. All the decisions were made at the foothills council level, following guidance from the New York State Public High School Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA), Section 2, and the NYS Department of Health.
As a group, the Foothills Council has decided to move forward with playing varsity Cross Country, Golf, and Girls Tennis. They will begin on September 21st. This season will end on Nov. 21st.
Varsity sports beginning Monday, Sept. 21, 2020:
- Boys & Girls Cross Country
- Boys & Girls Golf
- Girls Tennis
Sports postponed until March 1, 2021:
- Field Hockey
- Boys & Girls Soccer
- Girls Swimming & Diving
- Girls Volleyball
Documents for Student-Athletes
If you are unable to print the form and would like a hard copy sent to you, please contact the Athletics Department by phone at 518-681-4233 or via email at email@example.com. Only Parents/Guardians should fill out forms. We cannot accept forms filled out via smartphones.
As a reminder, transportation to and from practice is up to the individual student-athletes. The district only provides transportation to and from competitions.
Health and Safety Protocols
The safety of our coaches and student-athletes is our number one priority. So Hudson Falls, along with the other Foothills Council schools, is making some changes to games and practices moving forward.
- All participants will be temperature screened before every practice and game. Screenings will occur before boarding busses for away games.
- All participants and personnel (coaches, athletes, referees, clock operators, scorekeepers, security/game/course managers, and administrators) will be required to wear an acceptable face covering at all times throughout each contest.
- Coaches will remain six feet socially distant unless demonstrating a skill/play execution.
- No handshakes, fist bumps, or unnecessary physical contact before, during, or after contests.
- Coaches and game day personnel will clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and equipment.
- Student-athletes will use hand sanitizer before, during, and after competitions, particularly tennis.
- Coaches may share additional specific protocols with student-athletes based on their sport.
- Each student will be responsible for his or her own supplies and distancing bags on the sidelines. These include:
- Water bottles and water supply
- Multiple mouth guards and personal protective equipment
- Clothing and towels
- When not engaged in warmups or gameplay, student-athletes will remain a minimum of six feet socially distant.
To safeguard the season from a potential shutdown, No spectators will be permitted to attend any Foothills Council competitions for the 2020 fall sports season 1. We understand this will be disappointing to our families and community members. But the council wants to give our student-athletes the safest competitive environment possible.