In order to support student success in math, the following ideas could be utilized at home to help children learn and practice their multiplication facts. Parental support is highly encouraged to ensure success with our math curriculum and the high standards your child is faced with each day.
Help your children learn the facts. There are many tips and tricks to teach children multiplication facts in mathematics. Here are a few proven ones:
- Set aside 10 to 15 minutes each evening to practice multiplication facts
- Set reasonable goals (This week we’re going to learn the 6’s)
- Work toward a reward for learning a fact family (Some of our own kids loved hot fudge sundaes)
- Always be positive and encouraging … celebrate any and all little successes
- Check with your child’s teacher to make sure you practice the facts that students don’t already know
- Remember that when our children see us taking it seriously, they will too
These are some popular, effective and free web-based resources
- www.IXL.com (Students can use their school log in)
- Multiplication Flash Cards From multiplicaton.com (Printable PDF)
- XtraMath (Free on a browser, paid app)
While we are working through math strategies and concepts, every little bit of work on student fact fluency will help student success immensely!
Thank you for your continued support,
Hudson Falls Intermediate School Teachers