Getting up early, and watching the school districts scroll across the bottom of a TV screen is a time-honored tradition for students everywhere. And it’s one that will continue for Hudson Falls Central School District students, despite the current COVID-19 pandemic.
“COVID has taken so many joys from our students this year, that we felt it was important to keep this tradition alive,” said Interim Superintendent Dr. Jon Hunter. “We have four snow days built into our calendar, and as long as we are still in our hybrid learning model, we will use them as we need to!”
Dr. Hunter said the snow days will apply for students attending in-person classes, as well as those enrolled in the virtual academy program.
“We’re going to celebrate a snow day as a school community. We’re going to tell our kids to go out and roll a snowman or do some sledding, and we’re going to have a joyous day,” said Dr. Hunter. “Following the next day, we’re going to re-engage you in learning whether it’s in person or remote.”
On days when snow is predicted, Dr. Hunter said the district will follow the same protocols as in years past. The district will work with the Town of Kingsbury to make an assessment of the road conditions between four and five in the morning.
“So if there’s a storm coming, do all your usual things. Turn your pajamas inside out, put ice cubes in the toilet bowl,” said Dr. Hunter. “Because we’re bringing joy back this winter season.”
Two Hour Delay Schedule:
- Kindergarten Center: The building opens at 10:45 am, Students must be in their classroom by 11:10 am
- Primary School: The building opens at 10:45 am, Students must be in their classroom by 11:10 am
- Intermediate School: The building opens at 10:45 am, Students must be in their classroom by 11:10 am
- Middle School: The building opens at 9:35 am, Students must be in their first-period class by 9:35 am.
- High School: The building opens at 9:45 am. Block 1 runs from 9:50am-10:21am. Block 2 runs from 10:25am-10:57am. Blocks 3 & 4 resumes on a normal schedule.
Breakfast will be served at the high school and middle school. Lunch will be provided across all buildings during a 2-hour delay schedule.