September 11, 2020
We are so happy to welcome all of your students back into our district beginning on Monday! To make sure everyone has a safe and successful first day, we wanted to share with you the important information you’ll need before heading out the door in one place. As a reminder, all of this information is also available on our website, hfcsd.org.
Before students & staff members arrive at school each day we encourage them to take a quick health screening via our smartphone app Good2BeBack. We have a video tutorial as well as more information about signing up and using the app. Students & Staff will also be screened once they get to their buildings.
This year, we have added some new protocols to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We have details on each of these policies on our website, hfcsd.org.
- Everyone must wear a mask to enter the buildings.
- If a staff member or student forgets or loses their mask, a disposable one will be provided for the day.
- School administration and staff will be stationed at entry points throughout each campus to remind students and staff to wear face coverings prior to entering campus.
- Students and staff must wear face coverings in each area where social distancing is not possible. This includes a classroom if desks are not spaced at least six feet apart when moving about the classroom, as well as the bus, cafeterias, hallways, and other shared spaces. Teachers can work with students to provide designated “mask breaks” during which time students will be socially distanced.
- ALL students and staff are strongly encouraged to wear a mask for the health and safety of themselves and others. Students or staff must have a documented medical issue and note from a medical provider for which a face covering would cause impairment and does not require the use of one in school.
All of our K-5 students will attend in person on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. On Friday, all our students will work remotely. School will begin as in past years at 9:10 am. We’ve outlined our building hours in a separate section below.
If your child is assigned to Group A, or the white team, they will be in class on Monday and Tuesday and will learn remotely on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
If your child is in Group B, our green team, they will attend remotely on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. They will attend in person on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Kindergarten Center: Students are allowed in the building beginning at 8:45 am. The late bell rings at 9:10 am as usual. Parent Pick Up begins 2:45 pm at the doors outside the cafeteria. Bus dismissal follows shortly afterward.
- Primary School: Students may be dropped off at the main entrance beginning at 8:45 am. Students must be in their classrooms by 9:10 am. Parent pick up will happen in front of the building at the following times: Grade 1- 2:50 pm, Grade 2- 3:10 pm, Grade 3- 3:25 pm.
- Intermediate School: Students are allowed in the building beginning at 8:45 am. Students must be in their classrooms by 9:10 am. Parent Pick up begins at 2:55 pm at Martindale Ave. parking lot. Bus dismissal follows shortly afterward.
- Middle School: Upon arrival at the MS, students will keep their masks on and remain on buses until 7:30 am. Upon release from busses, 6th Grade students should locate and meet with their Home Base teacher who will then take them to class. 7th & 8th Grade students will report directly to their Home Base. Students arriving by car or foot can begin arriving at 7:37 am. In the afternoon, Students will be dismissed at 2:18 pm and board their buses. Buses will leave the front circle at approximately 2:25 pm. Cars may not enter the front circle until the busses have exited.
- High School: Students arriving by car may enter the building beginning at 7:30 am from the gym entrance. They must head straight to their homeroom class. Students arriving by bus must enter the C-wing doors ONLY, and head straight to homeroom class. The school day ends at 2:26 pm, and all students must leave the building after school.
We are excited to welcome our 100% virtual students back to school! If you have not already, please have your students log into their Google Classroom to receive instructions from their teacher.
If you have not yet picked up a device for your student, please contact our Helpdesk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 518-681-4357 to make arrangements. If any family is unable to provide internet access at their residency, we can offer 4G Verizon hotspots for home use. Students and families may contact our Helpdesk via email or phone to request a hotspot.
We can’t wait to welcome you all back on Monday. If you have any questions about your specific student’s needs, please contact the main offices at our buildings.
- Kindergarten Center: (518) 681-4500
- Primary School: (518) 681-4450
- Intermediate School: (518) 681-4400
- Middle School: (518) 681-4300
- High School: (518) 681-4206